Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Throwing DTC codes

I did some investigating today.
I opened the shrink wrap on the EFIE connections to make sure I hooked it up right. They were correct
a code 1151 or 1131 could be associated with a vacuum leak or an intake leak after the MAF or an exhaust leak by the O2 sensors. So I sprayed carb cleaner around the HHO inlet hose, all good, I replaced the hose with a tighter fit one. I was worried the EGT probe may have a leak & causing this as well. I took it for a ride & throw an 1151. Ok I disconnected the EFIE and connected it stock. Went for a ride within a mile again I threw an 1151. I came home and connected the multimeter to the stock O2 connections the passenger side was all over the place 150mv to 924mv and everything in between (BTW I am using a $900 MS7212 Mastech and it still bounces around) Then I tested the driver side 38mv to 89mv! It never passed 100mv, very suspect. I checked the connections & they looked ok. Still I figured I would replace the connectors to blades. Of course my soldering gun craps out (cuz I dropped it) , I have to use a junky tip solderer. Ok all the OEM connections are replaced, everything soldered. Took it for a 5 mile hop. No DTC codes.
So it appears one of my connections to the driver side was fubar. I soldered new connectors to the EFIE now as well. I will take a ride to pick up my kid from school (12 mile round trip) If I don't throw any codes then I will reconnect the EFFIE & see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment