Thursday, June 10, 2010

HHO System Inspection

Today I did a systems inspection of the HHO system. Basically, looking for leaks, corrosion, & problems in general.

All the connections were tight, the reservoir was sealed, the bubbler did not any leaks. I replaced the vinegar & distilled water solution in the bubbler even though it was clear.

Next I broke down the cold air intake. Basically what I am looking for here is corrosion. Since KOH is corrosive to aluminum & I had previously replaced my OEM rubber intake with aluminum tubes, I thought it prudent to inspect this.


The first thing I saw when I disconnected the tube from the throttle body was that I did have some corrosion in the tube.


You can see the trail coming from the HHO inlet down the pipe towards the air cleaner.
The opposite side towards the throttle body was relatively clean with just some minor residue on the poly connections.


My throttle body housing as well as my MAF housing is made of plastic. Neither of those 2 components were affected.

As it appears that the HHO is more or less hitting the airflow & going everywhere, I decided to rig it so the HHO is fed as close to the throttle body without interfering.

This feed tube is 4 mm away from the throttle body butterfly. I also repositioned the intake tube so that it is even and not at a downward angle towards the MAF.

Hopefully this will direct more gas to the intake at idle which I have noted the Trac uses more gasoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment