Sunday, May 9, 2010

So every time I read articles on ECU manipulation, I run into the question of increased exhaust gas temperature. An EGT gauge is essential when making modifications to the mix. When you lean the mix the EGT increases then the addition of HHO reduced the lean burn condition lowering the EGT.

So I bought one it. it will be here soon.

The problem in my head was always:
1. I didn't want to drill my exhaust to install the probe.
2. I didn't want to spend an arm & a leg
3. The ones I kept seeing were those "tuner' LED gauges.
4. Where do I install the gauge (I shudda bought a triple pod) my OEM-OCD is in full tilt
Well I guess I will have to deal with issue 1
The one I bought cost me $55 so issue 2 is no prob
Issue 3 I will deal with because of price.
Issue 4? I will figure that out.

I would have preferred to install an aeronautical unit like an AMS or Alcor but $600 bucks is riduculous.


Installing the gauge & making it look like like its a factory install?...that will me MY nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment